Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A post in time..w00t!

There's one thing I completely forgot to mention yesterday - I've finished most of my tiling engine. Its almost complete and I've implemented everything including collision detection. Only one part remains, the map maker.

However, I've decided to take a break and start doing something more interesting for a while. Enter the Pong clone. I've just started it, and it should hopefully be done in a week or so, maybe more since I have my final exams going on at the moment.

I've also discovered a nice way to learn more on game programming. All I need to do is take a trip to SourceForge and look at some 2D games. Most of them are written in C++, and some of them use SDL, so they'll probably be a great help in my quest to become a great game programmer.

I've been playing around with other programming languages like Ruby. Its seems nice and simple to use. I could probably make good use of it for AI purposes later on, from what I've heard about scripting languages.

To be honest, I've really got too many projects right now. I plan write my Pong clone, then I'll write the map maker, after which I'll try a nibbles clone, then I'll try a 2D RPG, and I haven't even started GUI programming yet. Considering how complicated WinAPI is, I'll probably be better off trying something like Qt for GUIs.

So that's this week's randomness.

No comments:

Post a Comment