Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Internet TV is nice

I've been using this great video podcast downloader and player called Miro for a long while now. Its pretty nice, and I can get all my favorite video podcasts automatically downloaded and ready to watch, which is great. The interface is also nice and iTunes-like.

However, Miro is far from perfect. It has more bugs than you can shake a stick at, and often downloads one video multiple times. Videos frequently disappear for some podcasts and have to be re-downloaded, which is very annoying. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any similar software that can do a similar job, let alone do it better.

Then again, I can get my weekly Zero Punctuation and TED videos for watching simply by leaving Miro open and let it automatically download whatever I want.

Its a great piece of software, but I really hope they fix the bugs soon. Although I'm not sure that's going to happen, because I found the newly released Miro 2.0 buggier than the previous one.

No comments:

Post a Comment